Thursday, July 1, 2021

Farewell

 

My best friend and studio companion, Delilah, passed away on June 26, 2021. Her loss is immense. She had such a sweet and friendly personality that many people, and dogs, fell in love with her. I, for one, was over the moon. Her communicative and interactive spirit made living with her like living with another human. Kidney damage began in late May. I was told she had only a couple days to live, yet, she survived a whole month. But, as happens with kidney damage, she eventually refused to eat any food. Even the morning she died, she wanted to go out for a walk. She only walked three houses before laying down, unable to go further. I carried her the rest of the way around the block for one last look. Although I never painted her, she is in my art - literally. She shed like five dogs and I would occasionally find her fur in my paint. My studio is much lonelier without her laying on the stoop standing guard and then coming in at dark to lay on the bed. She is greatly missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment