Monday, February 11, 2019

Abstract Landscape 1 - Oil on Canvas




    

Abstract Landscape 1 
Oil Paint on Canvas 
36" x 60" 
$2,750 

My large landscapes are becoming more abstract. In the spirit of Arthur Dove and Charles Burchfield, I feel nature expresses something deeper about humans and is a far more complex entity than we generally allow ourselves to experience. My recent landscapes are an attempt to provide insight into my experience of nature and, therefore, I am straddling a line between pure abstract and representation. I believe that it is the very pattern of water, which is expressed through water's physical qualities, that connects with a deeper rhythm within humans. Physical qualities of water, rocks, plants and sky are the results of processes that are common to our own physical and intellectual development. This is why we connect emotionally with nature. For me this is expressed best by sometimes painting a recognizable object and sometimes by painting the patterning or energy of an object.

I've recently added some more paintings to my website, check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment