Thursday, April 3, 2014

Oil Paint: Beer Bottle Top


This is a 3.5" x 2.5" oil painting on canvas. At a birthday party/house warming party, a friend gave me a bottle of home brew.  It came in a bottle with a metal clasp corking the bottle.  The stopper is white with a pink gasket sealing the bottle.

I am enjoying making these small paintings.  I am currently working on a 2" x 2" painting of a bottle cap. They are quick and need to be simple in composition to work well. The internet gave rise to the ACEO, which stands for "Art Cards Editions and Originals." The only rule to ACEO paintings is that they are 2.5" x 3.5" in dimension. You can now find these small white canvases sold in art stores.

I continue to work on larger works, too. But they take longer and the small paintings give followers an update on what I am doing more often than the larger works.

No comments:

Post a Comment