Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Funny Story - Watch Your Attachments

I recently e-mailed a woman to help me with a possible refinance of my mortgage.  I needed to send her a copy of my mortgage statement.  So I scanned three pages of the statement, saw scans 1, 2 and 3 in my scans folder, attached them to the e-mail and sent it off. Once the e-mail was sent it popped up on the screen and I could see the attachments.  Oops, instead of attaching my statements, I attached three drawings for the Fat Pig BBQ Sauce logo (on the left).  I quickly resent an email apologizing and saying I hoped she laughed instead of being offended. She wrote back that she was laughing
because she sent it off to her coworker to crunch the numbers without looking at the attachment.  Lesson learned, check my attachments before sending.

No comments:

Post a Comment