Monday, January 9, 2017

2016 Was A Good Year!

Mixed Nuts
30" x 40"
Oil Paint on Canvas



2016 was a good year at my studio. I started the year in a group show at the gallery of 801 Washington in Minneapolis. Last winter and into the spring there were fun watercolor classes held at Jack-in-the-Pulpit Studio. From the beginning of the year, right until the end, I have been busy painting - producing 24 paintings this year! I'm also very happy to say that I have been painting bigger, with a few canvases 48" x48" or larger. I sold several pieces, many cards and one hundred and sixty fine art prints. Its been a good year at Jack-in-the-Pulpit Studio. With two shows and probably a studio sale coming in 2017 I am looking ahead with anticipation!

3 comments:

  1. This one makes me laugh, and I'm in awe of the complexity of textures in it. How one paints texture... Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one makes me laugh, and I'm in awe of the complexity of textures in it. How one paints texture... Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad this one made you laugh. Juxtaposition is everything - humorous and analytical.

    ReplyDelete