Monday, October 14, 2019

What's Cooking in the Studio?


I've been focusing on one painting my last several sessions. This is unusual for me. I generally have two or more paintings going. I am enjoying the process of making this painting. I originally wanted to do a more abstract painting based on the landscape, but the imagery kept coming back to a more realistic interpretation. One little mantra of mine is: "you gotta follow the painting." That is what I have been doing with this piece  When I think I should approach the painting in a certain way I shut up and sit quiet. Then I let my eyes and heart do the work and soon the painting is going in a new direction with a new paint handling. So far, things seem like they will hang together. But that is the adventure, isn't it? When I am done I will have a new friend, or maybe a frienemy. .

No comments:

Post a Comment