Friday, September 8, 2017

Sinkside Compost #8, oil paint on panel, 12" x 16"

Compost- 8- 3
Sinkside Compost #8
Oil Paint on Panel
12" x 16"
$300
I continue to make paintings of my sinkside compost container. My initial plan was to make a series of ten panels. I have completed eight and designs for the last two are chosen. This particular painting is heavy on the oranges and yellows because of the sweet potato peelings and a rotting orange. The style of my last two sinkside compost paintings is a little looser and more defined by outlines (see #7 below). I don't paint with orange very often and had fun with the variations of orange and yellow. I particularly like the plastic container in this one. It is an old baby spinach container with a peel strip that you can see at the bottom edge. The reflections turned out to be quite effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment