Thursday, December 15, 2016

Job Change - Hurray!

My big art news for me is that after twenty-two years working as the Arts and Gardens Coordinator for the City of Saint Paul I have a new job as the Public Art Administrator with Metro Transit. I have been at the new job for about eight weeks and am enjoying it very much. With this big change I decided to put off teaching classes this fall (and generally put off some responsibilities like writing blog entries) until I became comfortable in the new position. I am very excited to work with the new people and new environment at Metro Transit, along with working with more artists and overseeing a growing public art collection. Since you are reading this blog entry, you might assume that I am becoming comfortable in this new position and am starting to begin some art activities again. This is true! I will be posting some new paintings and announcing a couple of shows in 2017 soon. Until then, please check out the watercolor class I am offering in January at Jack-in-the-Pulpit Studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment